Since our inception, RYY has made an impact on the Rochester community by mobilizing over 7,000 volunteers, leveraging over 5 million dollars in cash and in-kind donations, and providing capacity-building resources for over 30 non-profits in the Rochester area. We hope to continue this for many years to come.
- Alumni Engagement: From service days to cohort reunions, we hope to increase opportunities for alumni to connect with each other and with our current members.
- Fundraising: We hope to raise $15,000, with the focus of providing member support and building further capacity for our partner agencies.
- Community Connections: We hope to expand our partnerships with organizations focused on antipoverty and antiracism work in Rochester.
Your donation will make a difference by:
- Reducing a host organization’s cost-share requirement to provide smaller non-profits with foundational capacity-building support.
- Sponsoring conference fees to provide VISTA members with more opportunities to continue learning about anti-poverty strategies, asset-based community development, and structural change.
- Subsidizing rent for VISTA members to overcome one of the greatest barriers to service, ultimately allowing even more qualified candidates to apply.
Thank you for your commitment to Rochester Youth Year’s mission. Because of your support of the program and our members, we will be able to make an even greater difference in Rochester.
Note: Once you’ve accessed the secure online form, click the option to choose where you’d like to designate your gift and select “Other.” Write “Rochester Youth Year” in the next field.